Tuesday, December 17, 2019

As of yesterday (thanks to Marcie's assistance!) the oversized pillow form is covered in pawprints and now a cushy spot for Brownie in the living room between the two recliners.  


Though he's not quite sure about it yet (it took a fair bit of coaxing to get him on it for this photo) I'm pretty sure he'll soon settle in since it is considerably softer than the blanket that previously sat there on the hard wood floor.



Leftovers from that bright fabric are slated to weasel their way into the puff blanket that's moving up rapidly on The List.



Yesterday afternoon I ran a few short errands. (Brownie enjoyed going along for the ride, though was so excited to see me return to the car that he spilled his water bowl.)  One stop was to get this Copper Canyon picture blown up to use as a starting template.  



A 'trip' through my embellishment tub rewarded me with some great fabrics, especially this swirly silk scrap that will be perfect to create flow in the river.  



While I have some of my own ideas about what to do re the sky and tree sections, I expect that Wanda will have some even better suggestions.  


Once the wedding quilt is done (more pressing is on this morning's agenda)
and off to Cindy for quilting I'm getting excited to start on the canyon wall-hanging.


I managed a short nap in the late afternoon, and then we were off to dinner at the Thai restaurant; Tom Yum Gai soup was perfect on such a chilly day.  When I said we'd been surprised to find them closed on Saturday afternoon I learned that they are only open for lunch on weekdays.



Today is supposed to be even colder than yesterday, and in fact expected to be the coldest day here since February.  I readily admit that we are definitely wimps when it comes to frigid weather, so though originally I had planned to take Brownie for another walk yesterday it was so nippy out with the biting wind that I easily nixed that idea.


Friends have been sharing pix of the recent snow at their homes, and those pictures are the only way I want to 'experience' Old Man Winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment