Saturday, December 14, 2019

During a recent walk with Brownie my knee, for absolutely no reason, sent shooting pains with each step.  Though I’ve dealt with back issues forever, my knees had never given me the slightest trouble before.  Luckily the pain disappeared as suddenly as it had appeared - until leg day yesterday at the gym.  Sure hope Arthur has not decided to take up residence in a new spot!



Yesterday I finally dropped off the bags of stuff for the school at Beth El, along with several additional bags of books.  On the way home I stopped in at SAS and found some inexpensive fleece to make Brownie blankets; I’m tired of dragging one back and forth between his various dog beds.



Once home I stretched out on the couch, turned on the tv -
 and took a lovely (and much needed!) afternoon nap.



This morning I finished up set D (!!!) before Marcie and Wanda and I shopped Bag Day at TOQS. I used my 35% off coupon to score 8 yards of a beautiful batik that I’ll need (soon) for the wedding quilt backing.



Also found a wonderful fabric on the sale shelf (60% off today!) so picked up 4 yards that should be perfect for one of my UFOs.  (My goal is to complete another four in 2020.)  Wanda liked it also - so guess what her Christmas gift is...



Lunch was supposed to be at the Thai restaurant - we love their soup - but when we got there they were closed! So we “settled” for George & Sons.  As always our meals were scrumptious - and due to the large portion I have great leftovers for lunch tomorrow.  

Robert’s tee made me laugh -



Back at Marcie’s she and Wanda worked on a jacket pattern while I put my finished blocks up on the design wall.  I’m not tall enough to get them all up at once so had to do it in two sections.


Here are the 7 bottom rows 
(which went up first until I couldn’t reach any higher)


And here are the remaining top rows. 


One block is oriented wrong.  Did you spot it?



I'm done working on the wedding quilt for the day.  


Tomorrow I will square up the blocks by pressing, though would much rather just start sewing them together.  Sure seems that I will have the top pieced together “this year”, and then can get everything to Cindy for quilting the beginning of January!



Have started hemming the dog blankets.  
Mine doesn't look as professional as this... 

  
but I'm pretty sure <g> Brownie won't care!

No comments:

Post a Comment