Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Yesterday during the late afternoon 'weather' we (Cheryl, Hilda, Neil, and I) were relaxing in the living room, listening to Pandora on my iPad.  From my chair I had a view of the large window in the kitchen, and was quite surprised when I saw the table and umbrella go flying past!  


Luckily (!)  it didn't crash into one of the windows.  When Cheryl and I were unable to get the umbrella lowered more than part way (the 'string' seemed stuck) we tucked it into the corner where the wall meets the house; my theory was that the wind wouldn't be able to get behind it there.  That obviously worked because this morning it is still right where we left it.  


Hopefully when Terry gets home we'll learn the trick, 
and not discover that it was damaged somehow during its brief flight.



There was substantial Brownie/Shadow progress last evening.  Brownie sat obediently, quietly and not pulling at all on his leash, while Shadow was in Cheryl's arms on the couch across from us  And a bit later, when Shadow was on the floor behind the couch, Brownie (still on a short leash of course) lay down in front of him.  While that did elicit a hiss from Shadow, there was no running and thus no chasing. That bodes well for some sort of true détente!


So it seems that Terry will return home later today to lots of progress, 
both with Hilda's room addition, and the animals.



I slept in this morning - until after 6:30! - and I don't remember getting up during the night.  Here's hoping this is the start of a pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment