Tuesday, July 16, 2019

On the way back from my morning soak in the Apple Pool, where I reminisced with Craig and some other "old-timers", I snapped a few pix of the house with the San Luis Valley in the background.



Zoomed in for a better view of the snow-capped peaks.  Tom would likely know their names.  Terry, too, of course, though she's not here at the moment to ask.



Did finally remember to schlep my chair up to the swimming pool this morning on my way to soak, so I'll have a place to sit when we head up there later.  Never did make it to soak/swim yesterday, though I did make an unsuccessful trip into Saguache hoping to get a check for Alberto.  The bank teller would not do it for us since I'm not one of their customers, and then added she couldn't do it anyway because their internet was down.  She suggested we try the post office a block away, which we did.  That teller was more than happy to accommodate me - except the transaction wouldn't go through because their internet was also down.  My trip wasn't a total loss; charged up the car battery, and stopped at the little store for some more bottled water and some emery boards.



  Driving back I could see a narrow rain spout coming down over the Orient Mine, though I only got count-able sprinkles coming in on Road GG.  The true rain waited to actually come down until I was safely back at home.  Cheryl said that Brownie hadn't seemed distressed that I was MIA for an hour, especially since Loretta gave him a lot of love when she came to pick up Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment