Sunday, July 21, 2019

Terry, Hilda, Dan, Tim drove over to Lisa G's cabin in late afternoon yesterday for farewell cocktails before she heads back to Indiana.  Of course I was invited also, but stayed here with Neil so Terry could get away.  We had a very uneventful few hours. <g> 



When the gang got back Brownie and I took a walk up the trail past the tipi to the Meadow Pool, which is very scenic (next time I'll be sure to bring my camera) though too shallow for my liking.  And with all the intense foliage there the mosquitoes chased us away after just a few minutes. 



I had lost an earring soon after arriving here, and several days later, on Saturday night,  Amy had found it on the floor behind my chair in the dining room.  I lost it again a couple of days ago, and then found it on the stairs today. 


Both times it seemed lost for good, but it just keeps returning to me.



In recent days I've been dealing with a dental issue.  The gum by a back molar became irritated several days ago (it was painful to brush back there, but I kept at it) and that seems to have gotten considerably better... but now that tooth has been bothering me off and on a bit last day or so.  It seems a bit better this morning, but at some point I may need to drive into down to check in with Terry's dentist.



This morning Brownie wasn't interested in breakfast.  However apparently he had chowed down on  some grass when I let him out to pee, which he soon deposited on the bedroom floor for me, and then he was ready for his regular breakfast.  



What with one thing and another I didn't make it up to the Party Pool until around 10 this morning, and found it almost empty of soakers.  I brought a new towel with me because I had left the blue one on my chair poolside, and thought it could still be wet from yesterday's rain shower.  It wasn't (but naturally if I hadn't brought a dry towel it would have been, right?)



Just love the reflections in the water.




Did enjoy a nice chat with a man whose girlfriend lives in Lima, Peru.  Of course he's made a number of visits to Machu Picchu - which is on my Bucket List. 



Tim and Dan eventually made it up, and joined me for a soak.  



We all left around noon; they were headed to the top pools while I headed back down to the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment