Sunday, July 14, 2019

Yesterday by the swimming pool we got to visit again with Daisy, 
and this time I took pix.

I remember you!


But I'd better sniff just to make sure.


Look, Mom, someone just my size!


And she's a reader!



After lunch (and once the thunder quit) Brownie and I took a nice long walk around the campsite loop.  It was still quite windy but not too chilly.  After that I skipped the 3:00 potluck and took a siesta instead.  That way I was nice and refreshed for the dinner party last night, when again we were 12.  Terry put on another scrumptious feast: grilled chicken, incredible salad, garlic bread, potato salad, with caramel brownies for dessert.

Neil's sisters- Suzanne, Amy, Keta


Suzanne taught kindergarten for 32 years, Amy taught middle- and high-school English and Social Studies at an alternative school (some of her older students were let out of prison during the day to attend class), and Keta was a school librarian.




Again I did not trek up to the pavilion for the music last night, instead opting to listen to it from the comfort of my bed while reading.


This morning Brownie and I got an early start. 
 First we stopped at the baby pool to enjoy some chalk artwork.


Brownie seemed to approve of the mermaid.



Next stop was the Apple Pool.


Should be a nice crop of sunflowers soon.






Once I got too warm we headed back down to the swimming pool, which I had all to myself.  Only swam 4 lengths, and then only an easy breaststroke, but it's a start.  The water was warmer than I expected, which was a pleasant surprise.  Brownie did keep a close eye on me, but again there was no barking, whimpering, or pulling on his leash. 



Back at the house Terry and I were eating breakfast at the kitchen table 
when she noticed a deer in the yard.


  Brownie, of course, was watching it intently.  


I thought it was nice that the deer waited for me to get my camera before sailing gracefully over the fence, and Brownie did let out a bark when it did that.  Possibly he was voicing his approval of so many fun critters in this back yard for his enjoyment!




No comments:

Post a Comment