Sunday, July 28, 2019

Terry and Michael worked more on the roof today,
though they didn't quite get it completely finished.



While Neil and Hilda slept, I gave the kitchen chairs a facelift.  
What a difference!



Yesterday Elijah had wanted sound for his games, which was fine.  Except that whatever he did turned on the (annoying) sounds for all of my games. 



When Terry took a break she offered to fix that for me.  I was on the couch, and when she leaned over Brownie "protected" me from her.  (So much for her theory that he would only protect me from males.)  So Terry came around to pet him, and he growled at her.  I whacked him on the nose and then took him upstairs, where I dumped him unceremoniously for another few hours in Time Out.  



When I did finally let him out a few hours later, he was glad to see me but I ignored him. I wanted him to know that his behavior was NOT acceptable.



Nice soak in the Party Pool this afternoon, visiting with Tricia (who has family in Phoenix so we may see her this winter) and Music Mark (I got a great hand/foot massage) and others whose faces were familiar from previous years.

Today's note-worthy bumper sticker:



Stopped at the Welcome Center to pick up this week's Science Camp schedule, and Marie pointed out these baby swallows getting ready to fledge.



When I returned from taking Michael home, instead of coming in the front door for some reason I came through the gate and backyard (possibly because we'd left that way) with Brownie off leash.  I was latching the gate and didn't realize Shadow was in the yard - but Brownie did, and the chase was on.  They sped around the back of the house, out of sight so we couldn't see what actually happened, though it sounded rather ferocious.  By the time we got over there Shadow had escaped through the fence, Brownie got a spanking and some harsh words and then ended up in Time Out again, and I felt terrible.  



Terry found Shadow later, unharmed - 
but obviously I am going to have to be more vigilant with Brownie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment