Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Despite the rocky start, the rest of the day went extremely well.  I was expecting to have a physically demanding day watching Ivy, but that wasn't the case at all.  While she is curious and busy, it was a surprisingly easy day - and allowed Terry and Michael to get in a full day of roofing.

There was piano playing,

  
bouncing on Grandma's bed,


and checking to see what's under Grandpa's bed.



Brownie isn't the only one curious 
about what's on the other side of the cat door.



The noodles on Grandpa's lift must taste good?



Ivy checked out various other goodies from her basket of toys



but the vast portion of her day was spent stacking tubs I got out for her.  She has excellent fine and gross motor coordination, and I was truly amazed at her stacking skills.





While we were having fun inside, Terry and Michael got a lot done outside.








I drove Michael and Ivy home, and got to see their new place - a major improvement over their last house!  On the way there we passed a herd of yaks.  I planned to stop on the way back and take a photo, but unfortunately by then the herd was no longer near the fence.  

Weather had moved in over the Sangre de Cristos, and while it was dry and clear where I was, I had a spectacular view of clouds and rain over the mountains to the east for my drive.

Since things went so well today (with the exception of a mousetrap incident) I was more than willing to do it again tomorrow.  (Brownie was also happy with Ivy, who decided to feed him some of her Fruit Loops.)  But Terry is pretty tired after a full day's labor, running up and down the ladder.  She also needs to do some things with Neil tomorrow, so I get the day off.  <g>  That means I'll be able to go down to the ranch for Marla's raptor presentation at Science Camp after all.  I'll watch Ivy again on Thursday, when it's entirely possible that Terry and Michael can finish the roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment