Thursday, July 4, 2019


On Tuesday Marcie and I partied at the Claim Jumper with Wanda to celebrate her birthday.  The three of us had our usual delightful time together, and also as usual none of us could finish our quite sizeable portions and left with doggie bags.  However "somehow" Wanda and I did manage to find room for some of her birthday dessert, vanilla ice cream over a crumble, with strawberry sauce, though Marcie stuck to her story that she was filled to the gills.



Irrigation was just starting when I got home from lunch, and naturally because we had cut 30 minutes off of our time the water arrived 10 minutes late.  Tom also said that our crucial gate (the one that sends water to our front yard) was clogged from small vegetation that slips through Tom Ford's grate, but once that was taken care of we seemed to have a good flow.  The front yard ended up with a good watering, and yet water in the back yard now no longer reaches the house foundation.



Once I could see that Tom had things under control I grabbed my computer to deliver to Geek Elite's Don.  I brought along my mouse (which he didn't need) but not the power cord (which he did) so I had to make another quick trip over there.  Multiple scans showed no malware or viruses, though there was a lot of junk that he cleared out.  It was ready for pickup yesterday afternoon (nice 24-hour turn-around), and the first thing I did when I got home was fire it up.  That's when I discovered I no longer had an e-mail icon anywhere, and after a fruitless search (tried everything I could think of) I was back on the phone to Don.  Luckily he was able to restore it remotely, but it did take a considerable bit of doing so it's no wonder that I was unsuccessful.



After dinner I weeded the dwindling front yard dandelion patch until dark.  I would still need at least one more cycle (though more likely two) before that area would be cleared totally cleared, but of course I'm blasting off on Tuesday so that isn't going to happen.  Rinsed off in the pool, which has warmed up considerably so I no longer need to inch my way in.  Brownie came out back with me and unfortunately found something interesting (could have been a lizard, or a roof rat, or even one of the birds he loves to chase) that had headed up into the grapefruit tree. Unfortunately there's serious mud over there, so he also needed a dip in the pool before he was allowed to come back inside.



Yesterday morning, with the dog door still closed off, a walk with Brownie on our agenda.  So we took care of that in the “cool” of the morning around 5:30, hugging all the shade we could find.  Back at home I did more mucking of  my quilt table.  Not only is that area becoming more "sightly" and useable, but as a bonus I found the reading panel that was MIA.  I also made up the 9 sets of binding I'd be needing.



Diane picked me up at 11 for our lunch together, and was impressed with my recent quilt projects.  We enjoyed our lunch at the Wildflower Bread Co., and of course catching up on each other's busy lives.  She's still seeing Joe (that relationship had just started last time I saw her) and in the "it's a small world" category he not only grew up in Bisbee (where Wanda lived) but like her lives in Turtle Run. Wonder if they know each other?



Mid-afternoon yesteray I texted Cindy to see if my placemats would be ready for pick-up by Friday afternoon, and she text back No" - which of course stressed me out somewhat.


I was much happier when she sent another text a minute later,
saying "they were ready now."  She had just finished them, and was getting ready to text me when she got my text.



First order of business was the trim all of them, at which point I started attaching the bindings.  Should be able to finish them over the weekend, and then it'll be a trip to the post off ice on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment