Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Tom and I spent yesterday afternoon in the cool of the movie theater, where we viewed Yesterday.  Seems that I enjoyed it more than he did.

Yesterday, a 2019 British romantic comedy film, stars Himesh Patel as a struggling musician who, after an accident during a world-wide power outage, finds himself the only person who remembers the Beatles; he becomes famous taking credit for writing and performing their songs.



After dinner I was back outside working, though at the first sign of "noticing" the heat I came inside.  The good news is that I made more of a dent in what needs to be done.  The bad news is that I lost one of my "new" favorite earrings, which were in the running for the pair to wear all summer at the hot springs.



Woke several times (3?) during the night...
but at least I was able to fall back asleep each time! 



This morning I've already finished up working outside, trimming the substantial weeds around the irrigation gates.  (FYI My new saw works great.)  Again I retreated inside at first notice of heat.  With irrigation arriving this afternoon I'm done with serious work in the yard for the next several days, though of course will "likely" be weeding some of the last remaining dandelion patch out front.



In a bit I'm off to follow Tom to Toyota (he's dropping off his truck for the much-needed repairs) to give him a ride home.  Then it's off to the gym (my last Tuesday for a while), and after that I get to reward myself <g> at Wanda's birthday lunch.   

Hope she likes her "surprise" birthday gift that I picked up at TOQS yesterday. 

 

Due to Toni's snafu that required a second trip over there.  She wanted me to pick out a free FQ for having had to return, but I declined.  



I did say that maybe she would help me out in the future on some project, and she said she'd be more than glad to.  Too bad I didn't have my mesh bag with me!



I was a bit surprised that I didn't hear from Cindy yesterday.  In any event this afternoon I plan to make up the binding so I will be all set when she does call to say that the placemats are ready for pick-up.


No comments:

Post a Comment