Monday, July 22, 2019

Elinor, whose hand is out of commission after last week's surgery, needed some help transplanting tomatoes.  So this afternoon Hilda and I drove over with Brownie.  Sometimes the cows are on the road, but today they were busily grazing.


We did see antelope, though not in the numbers I've seen in past summers.



I didn't get as close to the hawk as I would have liked 


before it got spooked and flew off.



Walking in Elinor's garage door, I spotted clear signs of birds....


and saw these two nests when I looked up.  
As it turns out, there are a lot of nests around their house.



Brownie got to meet Q, who was decidedly not too happy.


Though there was a fair amount of barking and lunging, 
you'd never know it from these pix.




Lots of lovely plants around the house



but these tomato plants were way overdue for repotting.


We did that in the laundry room, 
which is mostly Richard's beer-making room.



The tomatoes will be much happier in their new pots.




On the drive back I took this shot of the mine, with Road GG in the mirror.



Weather was building, and we weren't home long before the storm hit.  There was a hellacious downpour, with some hail and lots of lightning and thunder.  It didn't last too long, but left huge puddles in the yard.  After dinner, when I walked Brownie, I saw how the heavy rain had left its mark on the road and trail.  Unfortunately the deluge had not held off until the roof was finished, and Terry discovered a leak in the corner of the bathroom that will need to be addressed.




No comments:

Post a Comment