Monday, July 29, 2019

Along with various housekeeping tasks this morning I made time for some trail repair on the path from the house up to the road.  During rainstorms water from the road likes to rush down it, and it had washed out in several places.  


While the uneven path is not a problem during the day, when I take Brownie for his walk at bedtime it can be tricky even with my flashlight.  So today I laid some rocks, dirt, and gravel to "encourage" the water to find a different path into the weeds -


and also filled in the eroded gullies along the path.  


Now I just have to wait for the next rain to see how my construction skills fare, 
and whether I correctly figured the path of the water.



And speaking of walking Brownie, the dog bag that I bought in Prescott last month has turned out to be very handy here.  It easily holds poop bags and my little flashlight, and also has room for my camera for those daytime walks.  And once back home I'll be able to pop in my house keys and even a bottle of water.



Is it time for a walk?



Book Club is tonight, so to help me stay awake 
I've just had an afternoon cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment