Wednesday, July 31, 2019


Book Club on Monday evening at Deb's was delightful.  Love her house (I'd been there before, a few summers ago) and all of her plants.  We enjoyed a wonderful potluck (as Becky remarked, "Why can't we eat like this every night?") and had a good discussion of the book.  My rendition of Robert Service's My Madonna fit right in after a mention of a particular episode in the book, and was well-received.

Despite my afternoon cup of coffee I got a full night's sleep (did take one of my 'more serious' sleep aids) and yesterday morning did some additional work on the trail.  It's definitely coming along.  



Terry had left for town yesterday about an hour before Hilda and I did.  I'd finally gotten around to attaching the dash mat in the morning (after the Velcro had waited patiently in a little baggie underneath the mat all these years.)  Now the mat stays put on that 8 miles of washboard road.  



We arrived at Robin's right on schedule, exactly at 12:30, and Terry had just pulled in.  What timing!


We opted to eat out on the back patio, riverside.



I chowed down on a delicious burger and fries - and was SO stuffed afterward that not only didn't I eat anything else yesterday but I'm not hungry yet this morning!



After lunch Terry ran more errands while Hilda and I were off to have fun.  First stop was Hodge Podge, a combination gift store and fabric shop.  Like last year, I found a book to bring home and (anyone surprised?) some fabric I "needed".



Our next stop was the Bungle Jungle, which I knew Hilda would enjoy.   



I was able to snag a parking spot right out front as a car was leaving.  Unfortunately after we got out I discovered that they are closed on Tuesdays o all we could do was peer through the window.



By then it was starting to rain, so we headed home. Late in the afternoon Cat (from Tulsa) arrived for a one-night stay with her new rescue Mojo.  



It took Mojo a few minutes to relax in a new place, but then the two pooches had an absolute blast running around and playing together.  I tried to get a picture, but they were just too animated.

No comments:

Post a Comment