Thursday, July 18, 2019


 Yesterday afternoon I dealt with a bout of vertigo.  It's been a long time since that occured, and (happily!) it was nowhere near as bad as that time in January when I spent much of the day praying to the porcelain god!  Just spent a few hours horizontal on the couch, and then the bed, as the waves came and passed.  By the time I needed to make dinner I was all better! 



My 3rd dinner, burritos, was also a hit, and even got a compliment from Terry (!) who had arrived home in time to eat with us.  Of course it had helped greatly that there were Terry leftovers (chicken and roast beef) for me to use as the mainstay of my meals.  Even though "Aunt Bobbi can't cook", Neil (who often doesn't have much of a dinner appetite) and Hilda (who easts like a bird) both really dug in all 3 nights.  (Cheryl, who is vegetarian, takes care of her own meals.)



I had brought along Brownie's raccoon (along with his bedding and food dish) just so there would be as much familiarity as possible for him here.  Of course he never really did play with it, and even stopped dragging it to bed with him quite some time ago.  So it was rather surprising yesterday when he collected it from his blanket in the living room (where it has just sat since we arrived) and started toting it around and playing with it.  Naturally that was very entertaining for everyone.


It then traveled upstairs to sleep with him last night.




This morning when we went downstairs Terry mentioned that there was a deer outside.  I just assumed she meant along the fence line where we often see them, and was letting me know in case Brownie started to bark at it.  I opened the kitchen door for him to go out, but when I didn't join him he just sat there (as usual, when I don't go out with him), so I guess his bladder wasn't speaking to him that much!  I didn’t realize Terry had meant the deer was inside the yard, so it was sure a surprise when I turned after opening the door to let Brownie come back in and saw the doe peering in Hilda's window around the corner.  Brownie, again, was clueless as to its presence.


Too bad I didn't have my camera handy then, but did snap this pic later 
to show where both critters had been.



Brownie and I were up soaking yesterday morning when Shadow spent time on Hilda's lap in the recliner.  Apparently that was a first, though he has been quite happy to sleep at night upstairs on her bed with her.  Glad that Cheryl got this pic to show Terry.


I know that Hilda misses her dog, Lil Bit, who died a couple of years ago, and so I had hoped that Brownie would hang out with her a lot during our stay.  Unfortunately each time I've deposited him on her lap he's jumped right off... not like this "lap" dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment