Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Took Brownie on a walk before leaving him and heading down to the ranch, 
and made sure to bring along my camera.


Smoking on the grounds is allowed only in vehicles or at the Smoke Hut.




There's a new sand pit next door, for kids to dig in.


And folks have had fun constructing rock ducks.



This screened-in massage gazebo, situated above the Apple Pool,
 is another welcome addition.



On our walk we had run into Ruby, who is helping out at Science Camp down at the ranch.  When I mentioned that I was headed there shortly, for Marla's presentation on raptors.  Ruby said that the actual program was yesterday, and today the kiddos were heading off to see about banding.  So I decided I'd go for Plan B, the working ranch dog and pony training demos with Cherrye.


From the entrance to Valley View you can see most of the 8-mile stretch of  GG across the valley, the dirt road in from the highway, and of course the ranch.




Turns out that it's a good thing there are lots more letters in the alphabet....


because when I got down to the ranch it turned out that due to smaller numbers of campers Rosie had cancelled today's dog and pony show.



Terry was surprised to see me back so soon, but Brownie was certainly happy; he hadn't liked being left behind this morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment