Friday, July 5, 2019

Tom and I did not go to see fireworks last night, but they were going off constantly in our neighborhood, very loud and at times sounding like gun fire.  Brownie definitely listened, but did not seem to be the least bit fazed, even when we went out in the backyard.

This morning I got so involved working on the placemats that I lost track of time and was almost late to the gym.  I must admit that I was not disappointed that it was my last session for a while, until I get back from Colorado.

On my way home I stopped to pick up a couple of Rx that I'd called in the beginning of the week.  Since one, my sleep aid, had no more refills and needed the doctor's authorization I wanted them to have plenty of time to get that. However that prescription had not been filled, because though the pharmacy had contacted the doctor it never heard back. <sigh>  As soon as I got home I called and left a message for the P.A., voicing my displeasure (though the woman at the pharmacy said she would try contacting them again.)  Happily late this afternoon I was notified that the prescription was ready for pick-up.  

Made a trip to PetSmart today, and Brownie did not balk at going into the grooming salon (I wanted to see how he'd react) though he did seem happy to make a quick U-turn and leave.  Next thing I did was weigh him, and he's now up to 14 pounds!  That's a substantial difference from the under-weight 10+ pounds he was when we got him, and he does not need to gain any more..  Deb was there today, with coupons; turns out that she had been home sick last Friday.  She gave me four coupons so now we're all set in the dog food department.  

Brownie, who also went with me to the pharmacy late this afternoon, is doing great in the car.  He quickly learned that when I open the door he has to "stay" until he's invited to hop out, which is definitely a safety issue.     

No comments:

Post a Comment