Saturday, July 20, 2019

It was a lazy day at the house yesterday; 
the excitement waited until early evening.



Dan and Tim arrived a little after 7:00, and I took Brownie out back before dinner.  He was over by the gate, in his bathroom spot, when he let out a huge yelp.  



I thought maybe he had stepped on something sharp.  I went right over and picked him up, and when I touched his front paw he yelped again.  However that turned out to be a coincidence because when I checked it there was nothing in it.  He was, however, holding his head funny, cocked to the side and shaking it.  Touching his ear elicited another big yelp, though we could find nothing amiss.  



Consensus was that he had been stung, possibly by a wasp. I sat him on my lap while I stroked him, and his eyes looked weepy.  A couple of times I must have touched the sore spot (there didn't seem to be any swelling anywhere) and he let out a yelp.  He was very subdued all evening, and even went upstairs to bed (by himself!) early instead of hanging out in his usual place on his blanket in the living room.  



The good news is that this morning he seems better.  


And when I checked his ear he didn't complain.  Of course last night we all worried that he might have an allergic reaction to whatever stung/bit him!



No comments:

Post a Comment