Saturday, July 20, 2019

Walking to soak this morning I spotted Kestrel walking ahead of me, heading to her ice chest with a bag of ice.  The boys were following her, and Lucas of course was doing fine.  But his younger brother Wesley, carrying the thermoses, was lagging behind.  In a stage whisper I bragged to Brownie about what a good job he was doing, helping his mom.  He immediately perked up, and got a spring in his step.  


Terry had told me that during an earlier visit Lucas had actually caught two hummers (of course letting them go) so while Kestrel took care of things at the car I took the boys up to the swimming pool and showed them the nest, with Mama sitting on it.


Then Brownie and I continued on to the Party Pool.  Harpo was there when we arrived, and there was much tail-wagging during the meet-and-greet.  My camera was in the bottom of my bag, so again I didn't get a pic. Did, however, take my eyes off Brownie for a split second, which is when he lifted his leg and sprinkled on Loni's shirt. It was easy enough to rinse off, and she wasn't at all upset, but I was not at all happy with that male behavior.

  

I got a lovely massage from Mark, but after they left I had the pool to myself (!) for quite a while.  




The sunflowers have started to bloom; 
expect to see more pix of them sneak into my blog.




Eventually the crowd began to arrive.
Brownie knew they were coming before I did.


There were lots of kids, most of them searching for the treasure rocks, 
and I helped out Mary.  

It's clear that 2-month-old Gavin already has the floating-in- style thing wired!  
Mom, of course, was right there though she doesn't appear in the photo.



Once I'd had enough sun (I'm being very careful, and after 10 days here it looks like I just arrived) I headed down to the swimming pool, where I sat in the shade and had a delightful visit with Kestrel.


I watched her grow up here, and she remembers how much fun she had visiting us at the Sunset Rooms each summer.




Then it was home for lunch.  I enjoyed a yummy rerun of last night's dinner, which I ate outside. But instead of cruising the yard Brownie sat right by me.  I'm guessing because he was remembering last night's episode?

No comments:

Post a Comment