Saturday, July 13, 2019

This morning Brownie was VERY interested in something outside the window.  This not-so-little prairie dog hung around long enough for me to retrieve my camera a take a couple of pix through the window.  



He then ran off along the rock wall and through the fence, at which time I let Brownie out.  He spent a lot of  time chasing the scent but of course the critter was long gone.



I penned another letter to Logan so he'll get mail at his next camp, and then we made it up to the Party Pool around 10-ish.  Today Brownie was considerably more relaxed.  


A doe had just been up in the trees so he was on alert, 
but there was no barking (yay) and nary even a whimper.



I enjoyed a conversation with a river runner, Gene.  He mentioned how he had taken a friend of his from Maryland, with that guy's girlfriend who had never been out of Maryland, rafting recently.  Of course I asked "where in Maryland?' and it turned out to be Silver Spring!


At some point the topic of cold weather came up, and it turned out that Gene had never been introduced to Sam McGee.  After I regaled him he invited me to join his raft trip up in Idaho next month to entertain everyone.  I gave him homework, to learn it himself.


No comments:

Post a Comment