Monday, July 1, 2019

Was thrilled to fall back asleep until about 6:00 after I originally woke at 3:00 this morning.  Yesterday was pretty much a waste, spent vegging on the couch (and dozing a bit) while watching some old movies, like Paris Blues with Paul Newman, Sidney Poitier, Joanne Woodward, Diahann Carroll, and Louis Armstrong.  Did wonder if Paul and Sidney played any of the music themselves, but none of the info I found on the film made any mention of that.



My first order of business this morning was to deliver clean towels back over to Alex's (now that they were no longer needed to cover his truck tires.) I brought Brownie along with me, and his first order of business was to chase a bunny into the hedge.  


Obviously the bunny was smarter than Brownie, who wandered cluelessly in the hedge well after the bunny had quickly escaped and made a beeline for the safety of the horse pasture.  Intent on fruitless hunt, Brownie refused to come when I called, so once I eventually corralled him he was relegated back into the yard while I trimmed in the Back 40.  


It was quite warm despite my early start, and I obviously overdid it somewhat, barely making it back into the shade of the yard to lie down for a bit before I recovered enough to get into the pool to cool off.  Once I was back at it for a second go-round of trimming I wisely quit before I got so light-headed and dizzy!



Next on today's agenda is to head over to Harbor Freight for a tie-down, a tarp to protect the hot tub cover from the summer sun, a new saw, and who knows what else.



Then I can work up the binding for the placemats since I'm likely to hear from Cindy today that they are ready for pickup.     

No comments:

Post a Comment