Tuesday, September 8, 2020

 I was up early, as was Tom; think he was on the road by 6.  The sun was fire engine red this morning, an incredible color, no doubt due to all the smoke from the California fires.  A neighbor posted her pic:


  

My morning was spent sweeping, mopping, vacuuming - and even some dusting!  (It was WAY too muggy to even think about working outside.)  Didn't get everything done, but the house does look a whole lot better! 


By early afternoon I'd had enough, and moved on to errands.  First was a blood draw for Monday's routine follow-up with the oncologist.  I'd hoped that today's blood draw would test for glucose (to see if my numbers are coming down) but when I asked the phlebotomist she said neither test would do that.  Oh well - guess I'll just have to wait for my appointment with the PCP in November.

Next was a trip to the grocery store.  Even though ice cream was on my list (I had a craving last night, but there was none in the house) I was good and didn't buy any.  In fact everything I bought was healthy!  

Did look for farro (the main ingredient in a wonderful dish Terry whipped up my last week in Colorado) but apparently WalMart's neighborhood grocery doesn't carry it.  Had thought about making up that recipe for Marcela's visit tomorrow, but she'll have to settle for tuna salad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment