Tuesday, September 22, 2020

There's been an issue with my laptop the past few days; it wouldn't connect, though my iPad seemed happy enough with the house WiFi.  


And not only wasn't I able to blog from my laptop, but in addition while everything else on my iPad seemed to connect and work just fine, my blog wouldn't. 

Of course it was very frustrating!


However I tried something else this morning - and SO FAR, SO GOOD!



Saturday morning involved a variety of chores around the yard (raking, weeding, trimming) that easily filled up the second can.  (And in fact I have piles and piles out by the tree trough already waiting until the cans would get emptied on Monday.)  During a rake break I swept the pool and guided Creepy, and finally seem to be seeing some progress with regard to dirt removal from the pool.




I thought it was working in the heat that was making my nose run, requiring constant blowing. But by early afternoon the sneezing and watery eyes started.  Plan A had been to run some errands in the afternoon, including getting my flu shot, after my shower.  However I decided to hold off in case I was coming down with a cold.



Instead I decided to hang out in front of the TV with the shredder and go through various file folders.  It was while getting rid of old bank and credit card statements that I found a missing earring that had fallen out of my ear and landed among some of the papers!



Since I was on a roll I mucked out a folder with old address and phone lists.  Tucked in the back were some from the kids' elementary school days; obviously that folder needed serious cleaning out!  



While some things never get old I'm reasonably sure <G> 
we'll never need those addresses or phone numbers again - 


and that's assuming they're even valid any more!



Around dinnertime Estera stopped by, the kids in tow, bringing me a bowl of her homemade chicken salad she knows I like.  I hadn’t seen any of them since the twins were newborns and I delivered their baby quilts (in February ?)  Of course that was right before Covid hit hard and I pretty much stopped seeing anyone.  Naturally all of the kids had grown.



Sunday I woke up feeling just fine, 
so I decided it was all the yardwork to blame for my symptoms.  



It was another day of puttering and getting more stuff done around the house, 
some of it 'visible' but some not.   



On Sunday evening I tuned into the Emmy's, though after Schitt's Creek won it's zillionth award I kind of gave up watching.  (I've never seen that show, though after it garnered so much praise I may give it a try one of these days.)  Ove the weekend I'd also watched Unorthodox, recommended by a couple of folks.  Enjoyed it, and was sorry there were only four episodes. 




Monday morning's "biggie" was to FAX the 20 pages to the Social Security folks.  I'd originally thought about doing that on Saturday once I had the cover letter, but decided to wait until the office was 'open' so the paperwork would not get lost in the shuffle again.  It cost over $35 to do that, and mailing it would have been considerably cheaper... but this way I know that (in theory!) it actually got there.  Sad that we've lost confidence in the post office!



I also got my flu shot yesterday, so that's one more medical "appointment" crossed off the list.  Then this morning I finally see the opthamologist.  It will be interesting to see how much my eyes have changed.  There's been a definite decline in my close-up vision this past year!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment