Tuesday, September 15, 2020

 First order of business was to set the irrigation gates, and then hand-saw the tall grass where water first spills into the ditch but where Tom can't get with the mower.  (Usually he weed-eats, but ran out of time before he left.)  Then I raked up a (too small) portion of the leaves in the tree trough and voila - the can was already stuffed again. 

By then I had worked up a serious sweat and was ready to get into the pool and deal with Creepy.  (Haven't yet popped the new penguin into the water, but it's definitely cooled off.)  After Alex attached the new leaf collector yesterday I ran Creepy, but it was evident the rubber flap wasn't getting a good seal with the floor of the pool - and I soon discovered why.  Apparently it had been working itself loose from the rim, because next thing I knew it had fallen off (first time?) and naturally into the deep part of the pool.  Maybe the rubber has stretched and it'll happen again. <sigh> 


The flap has been retrieved and fastened securely (I hope!)  

At least for the time being Creepy seems to be working like he's supposed to.  

It will be nice to have a clean pool again after almost a week of one issue after another in that department. 


Now on to the next thing on my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment