Thursday, September 3, 2020

 I actually stayed awake past 10 last night (which was 11 in Colorado) but woke up fairly early this morning.  Couldn't do much until Tom was awake, but did start collecting the documentation I need to bring with me to the DMV this afternoon.  That's when I discovered that my passport expired - in 2017!  OOPS!  Not sure how I let that happen - and a good thing I never planned to travel to Rich & Suzie's place in Rocky Point with Tom & Alex!


Did some work out in the backyard this morning before thinking about a shower, but by 7:00 it was already hot and muggy.  Tom confirmed that this was a real NONsoon season.  While miscellaneous parts of the Valley saw precipitation at various times, we got rain exactly once - and then not very much (though of course still experienced all the heat and humidity.)


While the front yard will need serious attention, it wasn't quite as overgrown as I'd feared.  I was also pleasantly surprised to see that most of the baby salvia volunteers (which had sprouted this spring where they wouldn't get the benefit of afternoon shade) actually survived the brutal summer thanks to Tom providing them with almost daily watering between irrigation cycles.  Plan A is to do some trimming out there early tomorrow morning before I head to the chiropractor. 



Terry will not be surprised to hear that Brownie is once again enjoying the convenience of his dog door, though the down side is that he is likely missing all the critters he got to chase and bark at in Colorado.  On our way to soak on our last morning at Valley View we passed this very relaxed doe just to the side of the road.  When Brownie barked at her she did 'bother' to turn her head <g>, but wasn't concerned enough to stand up, obviously deciding flight would not be  required.



Now off to shower, and then (at some point) get my birthday celebration started.

No comments:

Post a Comment