Tuesday, September 29, 2020

It's that time of year when catalogues start clogging up the mailbox.  While most simply get tossed right into recycling, this one is always fun to leaf through.  But though much of this particular issue is filled with winter clothes for dogs (not needed here) and Christmas-themed items (again, not 'needed' here) I absolutely loved the model on the front cover.  Annie looks just like puppy Echo did! 



Speaking of pix of dogs, the package with my birthday gift from Tom eventually arrived - a "Best Dog Mom" photo frame.  

Now I need to find/print an appropriate photo to display in it.



Phone calls have not started out particularly well.  <g>



Tried to schedule our annual winter tree trimming - 
but Deb is out of town on family business for next week or so.

Called the gym to adjust the charge for monthly sessions with my trainer since I haven't been been in 6 months and now have quite a cushion stacked up - AND it's not looking like I'll feel safe starting up any time soon... But manager Bryce ("usually" there M-F) isn't in today.

Tried both numbers on the sign for the latest property up for sale (it's always nice to find out what neighborhood properties are asking to help gauge the current worth of ours) but the agent's number went to voice mail, and the real estate company one went to their answering service (which of course had no actual information regarding the property.)

Maybe it's time to try something else on my list before continuing with phone calls?



* * * * * * * * * * *

After some yardwork, 
I went back to phone calls and tackled one to Social Security. 

 

Despite my polite request in the FAX cover letter to let us know that the the paperwork (sent over a week ago) had been received (not unreasonable since the paperwork that I delivered to their office IN JANUARY apparently fell through the cracks) I had not gotten a text, e-mail, phone call, or snail mail letter.


Today I spoke with Lorena, who confirmed that yes it had been received (good news) and then after some checking that "it had been worked on" (more good news.) I guess that's a start at least.  But since we've been working to resolve this since January it's hardly an early start...



The somewhat discouraging news is that now we have to wait to hear from the Processing Center, 
which she said takes from 45 - 60 days.



EVENTUALLY they have to approve it - 
and we should get a hefty reimbursement check.

No comments:

Post a Comment