Tuesday, September 29, 2020

This afternoon I finally bought a new laptop.  I didn’t even peek at it, just dropped off the unopened box with Don, my computer guy, so he can transfer everything from the old one.  Don said that he expects to have it ready for me to pick-up in the morning - but given my track record with electronics and technology (they really do seem to “pick on me”) maybe I’ll be forgiven if I’m a bit skeptical?

Alex is hoping that he will be able to get the printer to communicate with my new laptop. Obviously that would be wonderful... 

This afternoon we got irrigation. The water did arrive on time today (I never did find out the reason for the delay last time) but I had to keep monitoring the gates because large pieces of roots, as well as clumps of grass/weeds, kept clogging them up. While constant gate monitoring during the two hours is less than ideal, at least it’s do-able this time of day. But starting next cycle (and until we return to the offset spring/summer cycles) we’ll go back to a single flow schedule that means we could often end up with irrigation during the middle of the night. Naturally if/when that happens, keeping the gates clear of clogs will be a LOT less “convenient”.

Of course I watched the debate tonight. No real surprise that trump constantly kept interrupting and talking over both Biden and the moderator, and I loved it (and admit I applauded) when Biden finally told him to shut up. The moderator tried, though I was sad to see that so many times, when trump just kept bullying louder and louder despite it not being his turn to speak, the moderator eventually gave in and let him talk. I wonder why they didn’t just turn off his mic?

It was also telling that Biden used the respectful term Mr. President, while Trump condescendingly consistently used the name Joe. 



No comments:

Post a Comment