Sunday, September 27, 2020

 Got some tragic news yesterday, and wasn't in the mood to post after that.  

Sandy and her cousin Glady (an only child) were raised like sisters, and they remained close all their lives.  Saturday morning we learned that Glady had been killed in a car accident Friday night.


I wasn't terribly productive after I got the news.



Spent much of yesterday afternoon watching episodes of Rocky Mountain Vet, which (for the most part) involved happy endings for the many dogs and cats (as well as some less common pets) that came through the doors of Planned Pethood Plus.  Love how they do free spay/neuter clinics for the homeless as well as those in low income areas around the state.  They also travel to offer their services to various rescue facilities, where I got to see a 5-week-old therapy yak; what a cutie!



Brownie and I have been back to taking daily walks in the mornings before it gets too hot.  Unlike the other day, this morning we did see quite a number of dogs out and about with their people in tow.  Mostly we were at a distance, but the one time we passed nearby Brownie went into aggressive mode toward the two (considerably larger) dogs.



I've planned an early dinner tonight before my Yom Kippur fast begins this evening.  I'll be grilling chicken, and there's also corn-on-the-cob on the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment