Tuesday, September 22, 2020

I got a lot of good news from the opthamalogist during today's eye exam.  Things (retina, macular area, optic nerve) look good, and even my cataracts, which are "less than would be expected for someone my age", have not grown any since last year.  He did, however, suggest I get a thyroid test next time I see my PCP because he noticed some eyelid issues which may be indicative of  thyroid problems. 

So I'll make sure that test is included in my November bloodwork.  

I also ordered new glasses.  He showed me the difference between with my current correction and the new one - and there should definitely be noticeable improvement.



Afterward I'd planned to swing by Winco, just down the road from there. to do some much needed grocery shopping. However I'd forgotten that my eyes would be dilated.


So instead I drove straight home to let them recuperate.  

Naturally by then the sun was shining brightly, though it had been overcast this morning on the drive there, when I actually experienced a few sprinkles.  As in so few I could count them on the windshield.


Once my eyes recovered I headed over to PetSmart for dog food.  I'd only gotten as far as the next corner, and it's a very good thing I pay attention.  A black pick-up, racing at high speed, ran the stop sign and almost t-boned me (on the left side, of course) as I laid on my horn.  Maybe you heard it?


When I returned I worked in the yard with Alex.  He did the sawing and trimming while I dragged the branches over to the burgeoning pile awaiting November's bulk trash collection.  We got lots done, but (as I keep mentioning) there's still plenty left to do.




For dinner I cooked up some farro (Terry introduced it to me this summer) and it turned out great.  Didn't have the ingredients to make up her actual salad (maybe a trip to the store for those will happen tomorrow?) but it tasted great "naked".

No comments:

Post a Comment