Saturday, September 12, 2020

I did work more out front -

 though sadly the heat/humidity got to me before I finished and I retreated inside to cool off.  May finish the remaining bushes in the 'cool' of the evening.


When I arrived home from Colorado, the first thing I noticed as I approached the house was the sad state of one of the trees out front.  When I asked Tom if he'd noticed, he said he hadn't.  (I also raked up almost a cans-worth of its dropped leaves, but when Tom mowed out there he hadn't noticed that, either.)  However when I called Joy across the street last evening to let her know what time their irrigation slot is, she mentioned that tree and asked if it was dead.  Sure looks bad!


But the cottonwood, sans suckers, looks a lot better, 
as does the hedge without all those unsightly lantana stalks.


Early this week I'd called the pharmacy to refill a Rx.  Since there were no refills remaining I knew they'd need to contact the physician so it could take a few extra days.  By today I still hadn't heard from the pharmacy, so I was thinking of swinging by the drive-thru to check - and figured I'd need to ask them to fax her again.  But not a minute later a text came through that it was ready for pick-up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment