Friday, September 25, 2020

 Pokey in a couple of selfies with Lily:




Neither, however, seems a good representation of how 'sizeable' Pokey is.



Brownie was thrilled to go along with me to Mary's this morning.  The following photos aren't as clear as I'd like.  I'd meant to bring my actual camera with me, but since I forgot I had to settle for my flip-phone.  



At least I did remember to bring the 1986 Kingman newspaper article, that had resurfaced during my mucking of the file drawer, to show Mary.


 

In the lovely backyard we visited with her two desert tortoises.  Her first one, now 14 years old, was the size of a quarter when she came to live with Mary and Jack.


Both tortoises had found spots to chill in the shady perimeter where there was also a little mud - which Brownie "managed" to find and then transfer to my white pants.



Mary has two cats.  From his high perch Merlin kept a very close eye on Brownie during our visit.




Later Shadow cruised by, with Brownie in noisy pursuit.



Lunch was chicken enchiladas - and literally as we were lowering ourselves onto the dining room chairs to eat the clock struck 12.  That wasn't at all planned, but seemed like excellent timing.


This is part of the animal quilt she's working on.  The other blocks are being sewn together in rows, but Mary had ended up one hedgehog block short for this colorway.  



That made me laugh, especially given Pennie's recent post showing two of her quilts.  "Somehow" during construction of quilt #1she had ended up with a very large number of extra Flying Geese, so she decided to whip up quilt #2.  In my experience, like Mary I usually end up a block short!

No comments:

Post a Comment