Monday, September 7, 2020

The big thing I got done yesterday was to (finally!) buy myself a new bed! Not having bought a bed in decades, the prices were quite a surprise despite the Labor Day "sales". 

 
And while I could have gone cheaper, 
in the long run I know I'll be much happier with a quality item.  
 

Mom - your birthday check will help soften the pain!  THANKS!


Getting a new bed has been on my "to do" list for years, but on my birthday Alex convinced me to git 'er done.  

It's going to be delivered this morning, so to make room for it I moved the desk under the window, and Alex and Gabby moved the (heavy) oak twin set-up into the garage.  Vince seemed knowledgeable about what firmness would work best for the position in which I sleep, and I'm looking forward (while stretching out on a full-size bed) to a great night's sleep tonight.  There should even be room now for Brownie to join me...


Worked in the front yard until 8:00 this morning, and with all the trimming, weeding, and raking it was easy to fill up the second trash can.  As always there's plenty left to do - but it continues to look better and better out there - especially since Tom is also doing some mowing.


Vacuumed the bedroom and worked out some of the 'dents' in the carpet left by the heavy oak bed before I hopped into the pool to cool off (somewhat.)  I did try to get Creepy to pick up more dirt, but until Tom works some magic it's sort of pointless.


Now I'll putter around the house (think I'm on the last load of laundry) and work at putting away the rest of the stuff from my trip while I wait for the bed's arrival.  

After the bed is delivered I'll need to make a run to Target buy a mattress pad, sheets, and tree skirt - and as usual that list includes a plethora of other things.  


Hopefully the hordes are either up North (trying to escape the heat) or in their backyard pools (for the same reason) instead of shopping today!


Also need to stop in at PetSmart to exchange the leash I got the other day, because I mistakenly bought one with a too-long cord.

No comments:

Post a Comment