Thursday, September 24, 2020

 First thing this morning (after coffee) I took Brownie for a walk.  As long as we hugged the eastern walls on 37th Ave., staying in the shade, it wasn't bad.  While we certainly weren't the only ones out and about, mostly we saw moms with kids on bikes or in strollers.  Surprisingly during our mile jaunt we didn't see any other dog walkers.

Brownie managed to step on some goat heads, and of course needed them removed.  They're very nasty, but the good news is that he's gotten much calmer about letting me remove them.  


As soon as we got back from our walk I went to work hauling yesterday's many piles of vines and branches over to the bulk trash staging area.  Not wanting to supervise Brownie, I left him inside the fence to watch me make countless trips.  He opted to hung out in the mud again, at times lying down.  So guess who needed another mini-bath on the pool step?


Major (new) issue with my laptop this morning, so Alex came over to see what he could do.  While it is temporarily fixed, buying a new one has finally floated to the top of my list.  (Ran out of time to do that before Tom left.) Unfortunately Alex can't go shopping with me today (he's got to do some running around for RockStar today) but maybe tomorrow afternoon?

In the morning tomorrow Brownie and I will be visiting Mary, and are invited to stay for lunch.  Tom let me know this morning that he's heading home today, and expects to arrive tomorrow.  Except that every trip he says he'll make it a two-day drive, but then when he gets "close" (like Las Vegas...!) he decides to just keep going.  


Today I returned Estera's bowl to her, and visited with the kids.  Someone gave them a tiny Shih Tzu puppy (yesterday?) that is probably only about 4 weeks old.  (Wonder what happened to the mama.)  When asked my opinion about the names they are considering, I voted for Daisy.



On the walk home I stopped and chatted with Joy, who was mowing in her front yard with their push mower.  The woman is 91 and still going strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment