Friday, September 4, 2020

 Yesterday I arrived at the DMV ten minutes before my scheduled appointment.  First step was to have my photo taken (wonder how that came out) and then my vision tested (I passed easily.) While none of the staff was helping any customer they still took me about 10 minutes late for those two things, though at least during that time I got to sit in the waiting area and play on my iPad.  


But after that I got to stand at the head of a 'line' (for 10-15 minutes, which did not make my back happy) while the staff manning the handful of open desks was glued to their computers with no customers in sight.  Eventually I got called, and Rosemary was very pleasant.  It took longer than it should have to enter my info - but then before we actually finished <sigh> the system went down state-wide, leaving me in limbo.  So I get to go back this afternoon and try again.  The fun never stops!



Alex came back over in the afternoon and showed me how to do some things on Instagram - like post! <g>  Brownie and Vera were having a grand time chasing one of the toy doughnuts and "fighting" over it, and I posted a video clip of that (with help from Alex.)  


Who knows if I'll be able to do that on my own next time...  
the verdict is still out on that!  


Then Alex moved on to showing Tom and me various ways to manipulate photos. Not likely that I'll remember most of it, but a lot of the apps to play with selfies (and there are zillions of them) were quite entertaining.


Encountered difficulty with FB yesterday.  It said I had lots of birthday messages from friends, but most of them wouldn't appear.  


When I griped about that in a post, Marilyn made suggestions that I'd already tried, so at least I was on the right track even if FB was being cranky.


After a yummy salad for dinner (though no cake, Terry!) I cruised over to Alex's to see how nicely he'd cleaned out the second bedroom over there.  (Some of the stuff from there had made it over here, so I knew he'd been working on it.)  That room looks quite usable now, and once he gets a desk in there (he's decided that working on the couch isn't quite cutting it) he'll be all set.  


Can't do much inside this morning until Tom gets up (he says he's been getting up really early, but couldn't prove that by yesterday and today) and since I don't want to get hot and sweaty outside (before I head to the chiropractor) I'm in a bit of limbo. 


May be "forced" to just hang out and read!



And yes, the house does need to be cleaned.  But with irrigation on Tuesday (with mud left around the perimeter, and Brownie and Vera naturally are going in and out of the dog door) it makes much more sense to wait until Tom heads back to Oregon the beginning of the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment