Tuesday, September 15, 2020

 Mary came over for a visit today, and got to witness irrigation.  The water didn't arrive on time <sigh> so I made some calls.  We ended up getting it almost half an hour late (and will be reimbursed.) But since we still need to let it go on time I worried that our most important tree, in the front yard (which provides the house with crucial shade from the sun but is last on the water's 'route') wouldn't get water.  In the end we seemed to get a reasonable amount of flow, though I will need to water some plants out front that missed their drink.


Mary and I had a lovely visit (and lunch) and hope to get together again soon.  Brownie has asked to play in her backyard next time. 


After she left I hopped into the pool to guide Creepy around and help him find the swaths he'd missed, so the water looks a whole lot better now.  FYI  Earlier I'd put the penguin in the water, and the thermometer registered 83.  Though it's not quite as easy to get into, once I was in I was fine - because it's still rather warm here.  Took Brownie for a walk this evening, and was happy to get back to the cool house.  Triple digits continue for the next week, but at least it shouldn't get to 110.

No comments:

Post a Comment