Saturday, September 5, 2020

 Let's just say I'm "extremely happy" 

to be done with the DMV for another five years.  

The entire experience was not quite as bad as a colonoscopy prep day every five years <g> but then again it didn't place that far behind!

Despite my 2:00 appointment I had to wait in a long line because the place was mobbed (everyone from the day before, when the system had gone down?) but on the plus side at least they did have a couple more windows open.  Also had to have my photo taken again (it came out horrible) and now will just wait for the new license to arrive in a couple of weeks.



Last evening Tom and I watched the first (of a 3-part) documentary. 

The Code is a mathematics-based documentary television program for BBC. Each episode covers a different branch of mathematics.  Du Sautoy reveals a hidden numerical code that underpins all nature, a code that has the power to explain everything, from the numbers and shapes we see all around us to the rules that govern our own lives. In this first episode, he reveals how significant numbers appear throughout the natural world. They're part of a hidden mathematical world that contains the rules that govern everything on our planet and beyond.

 We did get a little bogged down on the part about imaginary numbers... especially when we learned that they're used by air traffic controllers?!


This morning I got a good amount of outside chores done, which included watering the plants out front and then doing some easy weeding of volunteer lantana from the still-moist ground, and attacking the back patio which was in dire need of attention. I had to move everything off so I could sweep and then hose off the porch - and while I was at it I also cleaned all the furniture.  At least my hard work paid off, and everything looks MUCH better out there now!  


After all that work I cleaned the pool.  (It had been surprisingly dirty when I got home Wednesday afternoon, though the 'after' picture our pool boy LLane had posted after his weekly visit earlier that day seemingly showed a nice, clean pool.)  

Naturally after all the yard work it felt good to get into the pool, which wasn't as warm as I would have expected after all the ridiculous heat here.  (Did think to check the floating penguin thermometer, but it's come loose inside the housing so there's no way to tell what it's registering.) 



While filling the pool I guided Creepy around, 

and the cleaner water looks a whole lot more inviting at this point.  


Not sure what else is on today's agenda - 

but it's possible I'll get back in the water this afternoon!


I did notice that Brownie made himself scarce while I was hosing off the porch, and "working" in the pool.  Guess he's still worried about getting wet.


No comments:

Post a Comment