Wednesday, September 2, 2020

 I didn't use my heating pad at all while I was in Colorado (my back really behaved!) but after a full afternoon driving yesterday (and with a full day ahead of me today) I thought it would be a good idea to use it at the motel last night. Unfortunately when I plugged it in it wouldn't heat up, but instead just blinked its light at me.

Adding insult to injury, after the absurd drive-thru experience my KFC dinner later tried to come back up in the middle of the night, burning my throat.  As a result I had a sore throat much of today.


Brownie and I got a bit of a late start this morning since 'someone' <g> didn’t take care of his required business on his first (or even second) walk of the morning. Despite that, the quilt store wasn’t yet open (and wouldn’t be for another hour so I missed out on shopping there) but the used bookstore was - and yes, I made a purchase.



When we stopped in Kayenta for gas, where I walked Brownie and made a Happy Birthday call to Lily.  At that point her sloth planter hadn't yet arrived, but once it did she sent this photo:



I'm happy to report that the drive home was uneventful - but when I stopped at a Sunset Point to feed Brownie, I used the bathroom (never pass up a chance to pee, right?) and walking back to car I tripped and fell. Two cars stopped to make sure I was okay - and happily I was.



Home by 3:30, when it was only a little over 100.  Tomorrow, however, higher heat will be setting in, with substantially higher temps for the next week.  Lucky me...



While I brought in stuff from the car, I'm too tired to do any real unpacking until tomorrow - but at least I did make a first pass through the big stack of mail.  Tom had a nice dinner prepared, and we watched some taped Jeopardy, but I expect to fade early.

No comments:

Post a Comment