Tuesday, September 29, 2020

 I'm happy to report that it was an easy fast yesterday.  However after Tom went to the grocery store and had grapes in the colander sitting out to drain on the counter, at one point I almost (mindlessly) grabbed some to nibble on as I walked by .

A pleasant 'shock' occurred when I weighed myself this morning and saw a number that I hadn't registered in years!  And all it took was 24 hours of fasting.  Hmmmm...

Brownie and I enjoyed another pleasant walk this morning, though still needed to search out the shady sides of the streets.  This time there seemed to be no dogs out walking, just walkers and bikers.  However the friendly little guy in a yard on 39th greeted us at the fence with his tail wagging happily (always glad when he's out and about) and Brownie reciprocated.  No doubt they'd have fun playing together.  


I'm a little surprised at the number of neighborhood properties up for sale, and now there's another one on Topeka.  Generally I assume they belong to old-timers who have aged out and are no longer able to do all the upkeep on these large properties, just as I expect that to happen to us in another decade or so.  When that happens it would be wonderful if Alex is still in a situation to want our property.



Now I'm just waiting until it becomes "late" enough
 to start in on a long list of phone calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment