Tuesday, September 1, 2020

 Before dinner yesterday I did get an opportunity to drive the loop (Terry, of course, had a stash of tokens) and now I know that each walk Brownie and I took was "officially" 6/10 of a mile.  Not quite as long as I'd thought (or hoped) but of course in addition to heading to the various pools I did get a fair amount of exercise running up and down the 3 flights of stairs here.


Book club last evening was enjoyable, of course.  Hilda and Elinor (who spent the night afterward) and I, all short, zoomed from one computer, while Karen and Terry used a second one.  Most of the ladies enjoyed the book, with the main complaint being that the men were basically one-dimensional: two of them (incredibly) good, and one just plain evil, with only one showing any sign of change.  All of the women characters, however, grew considerably during the course of the book, learning to stand up for themselves.


It was chilly when I took Brownie for his evening walk (I was planning on skipping dessert anyway) but I had "wished" for crummy weather to make it easier to leave.  



Everyone else enjoyed their second night of angel food cake, and though I didn't request it <g> they made sure to leave me the last piece for breakfast this morning.  It was yummy. 


Woke up at 4:30 this morning, and putzed around on the computer until Brownie let me know, at 6:20, that it was time for his walk.  We got rained on, but the Apple Pools were both empty and I enjoyed them for 30 minutes before finishing up his walk.  


It was difficult to leave, 

not knowing if that was my last soak here before next summer.


Have done some more packing, but most of what's left will need to wait until after my shower.  Plan A  (if the sun appears and it warms up) is to soak at the Party Pool with Elinor and Karen around 10:00, shower at 11:00, and then blast off by noon.  In any event I'm packing up the computer now, and don't expect to post again until this evening from the motel in Cortez.

No comments:

Post a Comment