Wednesday, September 23, 2020

 Last evening I was invited for a late dinner with Alex and Gabby. Though I'd already eaten a bowl of farro in the late afternoon, I was certainly able to eat again.


I enjoyed the yummy pasta dish and garlic bread, and also imbibed a small bit of wine they thought I'd like and wanted me to try - and which I "didn't hate".


I hung out while we watched a couple of episodes of Dexter. Years ago I'd watched all the seasons (as had Alex) though nothing last night seemed familiar.  However unlike Alex, I actually do remember how they ended the series. 


I spent all morning working outside, mostly with the electric trimmer, starting out front since I wasn't sure what time Alex and Gabby got up.  


Once I knew they were up and about (saw Alex as he was heading to the dentist) I attacked the hedge along the driveway to the Back.  It's definitely still "warm" here (though Mom recently mentioned frost warnings there) and naturally I took frequent breaks to come inside and guzzle tall glasses of water.  Thought of Hilda each time! <g>


 It being Wednesday I couldn't get into the pool until after the pool guy had come and gone.  He'd backwashed today, so it was muddy by the back gate.  Brownie felt it necessary <sigh> to tromp around in the mud, and as a result he got to visit the top step of the pool while I washed his paws and stomach.  The good news is that while he's not exactly thrilled, he no longer panics during the water 'torture'.


Now it's time for a trip to the grocery store, and once I have all the necessary ingredients my plan is to whip up Terry's recipe to add to the leftover farro.

No comments:

Post a Comment