Saturday, December 1, 2018

Saturday's dog walk didn't happen, even though I had prepared with my heaviest sweatshirt.  Shelley was taking her Mom to the ER after a fall (haven't heard back whether anything was broken) and Mimi and Ed were also taking a pass.



It was an uneventful "last day" at the gym (until I get back from Maryland.)  Of course every time I'm out of town I tell myself I could exercise, not only with squats, lunges, planks, but with cardio on Sandy's elliptical.  But "somehow" it never happens.



Tom had taped up the Texas package while I was at the gym, so my next errand was the post office.  With only two windows open, and a fair-sized line, I expected it to be a bit of a wait.  But when the post-master cruised through, asking if anyone was just picking up mail, or a key - OR just had priority boxes to mail (me me me!) - I asked her if that would include purchasing stamps, which we desperately needed.  Since that was an option, I was able to go right to her counter.  Back at the car, I happened to glance at my receipt, and it sure seemed like the total only included charges for mailing the two boxes and not for any stamps.  So I went back in and showed her the slip, and sure enough the stamps weren't on there.  She was surprised (though grateful) that I'd come back in to pay for them, though I did admit to her that if I hadn't noticed until I got home I likely would not have driven all the way back.  She said she could definitely understand that. <g>



Once home I bit the bullet and got to work on the various financial chores
on the computer that I'd been putting off for months and months.  


To no one's surprise I did end up needing Cory's help with the electronic signature <g>, but after that was completed he turned me over to Josh for some wonderful news: they'd gotten word a couple of days ago that we don't have to switch over all the accounts from paper reports  to electronic ones after all... the powers that be have decided to waive the $25 fees for each account.  

Post-office karma?



Bulk trash finally picked up our good-sized pile yesterday.  The other day as Tom was driving off to run some errands he had stopped a random guy - who had removed his license plate! - from dumping his pick-up load of junk onto our nice, neat pile.  Tom then followed that guy and stopped him from dumping at a neighbor's.  Unfortunately bulk trash did not pick up the long (and VERY HEAVY) pipes that Steve had promised to deliver to Tom Ford's place but never did.  The grass of course is quite shaggy around them since we can't mow there.  Steve does get a bit of a pass; his dad Fred hadn't been doing well, and in fact recently passed away.


Latina was still ignoring Tyga yesterday,  I'm thinking that maybe (g) she'll decide to become friends with him right before he moves to Wisconsin?  



Marcie heartily approved of my brainstorm about how to turn my square "Jessica-inspired" quilt into a rectangle. Of course I can't do that until I get back from Maryland, but I do feel inspired.



The delivery window for my chair today was 8:00 - 10:30, so I figured I wouldn't be able to soak this morning.  However, they arrived exactly at 8:00 (more karma kicking in?) so I had a relaxing start to my day.  The seat cushion seemed level (what a concept!) but now that I'm actually sitting in it this afternoon it still seems to tilt.  Sigh...



Marcela called this morning, and we had a nice long chat before I had to get ready to head to Sandy's memorial.  Tomorrow marks the 1-year anniversary since Steve's death, but she's holding up quite well.  She is talking about coming out, with Ramona, for a long weekend the end of February - which will be the 1-year anniversary of her Mom's death.



Sandy's memorial service was well-attended, though I only knew a few of the attendees, Busy Bee quilters.  The luncheon afterward was quite a spread, and I got to visit with Joyce (& George), Louise, and Colleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment