Thursday, December 6, 2018

This morning this morning, while having my coffee, I started wading through the wonderfully packed Manila envelope of clippings Mom had for me yesterday.  The mail truck no longer comes to Riderwood (that was a great service, but the post office hasn’t been able to replace the driver who retired) so the articles had significantly piled up.  She worried that some might be seriously out of date, but so far none have fallen into that category since they are usually more from the human interest category rather than daily news.  So far, all have been interesting (though no matter how much anyone sings the praises of spiders, I still do NOT want to share my home with them) and about half have been “keepers” to pass along to someone else.




The cleaners were coming this morning, so there was a bit of a rush for all of us to get showered and dressed before their expected arrival at 8:30.  Once they arrived, Sandy and Pippa and I hung out downstairs and Pippa showed off her agility “skills”.  However, considering her “jump” over the bar (more like a step) and her time in the tunnel (almost wondered if she was going to take a nap) I think she falls into the “not quite ready for prime time” category.  However she more than makes up for it with her sunny disposition and good looks!  Good dog, Pippa :-) 



I had set out my gloves, which made for a much more comfortable drive today.  Did want to set the clock (and date) on the car display, which had not yet been done on the 2019 Ford Fiesta. (Pretty sure I am only the second renter since it only had 250 miles on it.) I found the manual in the glove box and after I released it from its shrink wrap looked up clock in the index. There was literally one sentence, basically to hit H to set the hour, and M to set the minutes.  


<rant> I would have found it immensely helpful (!) to get at least some sort of a hint as to how to find the actual screen to do that... so it took WAY longer than it should have. Where do they get the people to write these “instructions”?



Lunch was some of Andy’s chili that Mom had been saving 
in the the freezer for a special occasion. 


 Not only was it yummy, but we still have enough for another lunch.  Maybe Saturday, when it won’t even make it out of the 30s?   Then for dessert, Mom “forced” me <G> to share some chocolate gelato.


  Speaking of lunch - I called Lucille today, and we’re all hoping that it works out to have lunch together some day during my visit.  


Every time I visit Mom we make sure to get together with Lucille, and I always wonder if it's the last time... but she's still hanging in there!




Mom and I played more Rummikub, and today we split the wins and losses. We ended up staying in since Mom decided to place a Peapod order instead of schlepping aground the grocery store, and also look online for a quilt hanger instead of going to Home Depot for some sort of rod. Again, that computer search took way longer than it should have, but she ultimately decided on a Hang It Dang It, which many of the quilting ladies like. So that’s been ordered, though not likely to arrive in time for me to see Marcie’s giraffe quilt hanging in its place of honor.


See how it works here:



Excellent article on the front page of today’s Washington Post regarding Donnie’s presence at the Bush funeral: Trump Sits with Fellow Presidents but Still Stands Alone.


Sure reminded me of “how starved we are for decency” these days. Then watching the news tonight, two clips of him, the first one showing him bragging, “I love Saudi Arabia; they pay me millions” and then the other, insisting “I have nothing to do with Saudi Arabia.”  Just another example of how he contradicts himself on video (constantly), sometimes within hours, though his devotees just don’t seem to care even when the proof is right before their eyes/ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment