Monday, December 17, 2018

Today I had my annual 3D mammogram and accompanying ultrasound - and the good news is that I got the expected (and hoped for!) “all clear” from the radiologist. Also got a laugh when I first checked in, and the woman asked if I had an appointment.   No, I just thought it would be a fun place to spend the morning. <g>



However, there must have been a seed of doubt or worry on my mind, because I had quite the nightmare last night.  Despite the decades since I have taught, in my dream it was the first day of school but I was several hours late to teach “my” class because I was at the doctor getting the news that results of tests from a year earlier (and which somehow had never been relayed to me) showed an “aggressive tumor” that meant I needed chemo.  Sure was quite a relief to wake up from that nightmare - although I did get a full night’s sleep without the usual bathroom break, and without any sleep aids.  So the night was somewhat of a trade-off.



Sure am enjoying my morning soaks in the hot tub - and loving the jets. Did keep an eye out for Mitch, who ‘threatened’ to start work on the patio cover today, but still no sign of him.



Tom was all set to head to the post office first thing today.  For someone who absolutely hates waiting in lines, a Monday morning this close to Christmas (after people have spent the weekend shopping, wrapping, and packing) “might” not be the best time to hit the the post office.... which is what I told him.



Marcie and Latina visited this afternoon, though it was too cool to sit outside in the freshly mowed 'park'. Should be a lot nicer in a couple of days, when temps will be in the  upper 70s - unless Marcie is still binging on This Is Us, which I recommended.



I grilled steaks tonight (they were an impulse purchase yesterday, when I was at the store picking up a Butterball for Christmas) and wondered if Mom has been doing her 'homework': to eat more red meat, as prescribed by the doctor.


On the news tonight I saw the new security scanners (designed to speed up the process) at the Denver airport and installed just in time for the Christmas rush.  According to the report, last year some people ended up waiting in the security lines for over an hour, and one in seven passengers missed their flights.  Not a good way to spread holiday cheer!  



Tonight while 'helping' Tom watch football, I started binding Marcie's mega-quilt, which is over 100" per side.  (Maybe I'll get it done in time to "gift" it to her for Christmas?)  The backing is purple and the binding is turquoise (a favorite color-combination of mine) and her name for the quilt is certainly a good omen for tonight: Sweet Dreams Are Made of This

No comments:

Post a Comment