Monday, December 10, 2018

We have been enjoying nightly fires each evening at Mink Hollow (yes, I keep meaning to take a picture) and hope that continues, even though it is "warming" up... The next few days temps are expected to soar <g> to 41 or 42.



As I tell people all the time, Riderwood is bursting with activities and opportunities. It has something for everyone no matter where their interests lie. 


I knew about the woodshop, but had never visited it before.  When I passed it on my way up to Mom's apartment this morning (now that I'm coming in a different door) it was unlocked because there were men in there, so I got to take some photos.  

Herb is known as Mr. Fix-It, and there was a lot of furniture on the other side of the table just waiting for him to work his magic.


It seems fully stocked with whatever anyone could possibly need!


Richard was working on a bowl -



and foreman Mike was putting finishing touches on his stunning Kokopelli box.  I asked what he was going to do with it, and he said he didn't know... which was when I offered to buy it.  But turns out he's going to gift it to someone.



Mom was moving a little slowly this morning (we had a very full day yesterday) so there wasn't time to zip over to Columbia and look at power recliners.  I did, however, make phone calls to the two stores Sandy suggested, and got the particulars.



I brought my laptop over with me today so Mom could look at all the pix I took at brunch yesterday - which of course she enjoyed seeing.  There were many 'keepers', and once she lets me know which are the best of the bunch I will send some homework <g> to her computer.



Rachelle volunteers at the Holocaust Memorial Museum one day a week, 
and is currently training to give the actual tours.


  She asked us yesterday to guess what percentage of Germany's population, in 1933 (the year that Hitler came to power) was Jewish.  We all over-estimated.  


The actual number was LESS THAN 1%!  Just goes to show how effective the German propaganda was, blaming all of Germany's post-WWI problems on such a tiny population!



And here's a photo of the lovely tulips I promised -

No comments:

Post a Comment