Friday, December 21, 2018

I got to the gym early and started my workout so I could leave a little early and be sure to be home in time for the cleaning ladies.  They arrived just after 11:00, so I was pretty sure they'd be done before the exterminator arrived. Ken was scheduled for sometime between 1-3, but since he usually arrives right at the beginning of the window I was relieved when the ladies finished up before 1:00.

A knapper was supposed to come over today for a lesson with Tom, but this morning he "called in sick".  Mitch texted at 10:30 that a pipe had burst at his house last night.  It was taking longer than he thought to suck up all the water and do the replumbing, but said he'd be over "in a bit.  He never did show.  I was hoping that he'd make lots more progress today - and haul away the trailer.  Then if Alex doesn't open the blinds covering the sliding back door once he gets home (tomorrow?), it might take him a couple of days to discover the surprise.

Not only didn't Ken show up at 1:00 - but I got a call at 3:00 from the exterminator service (which had left a message on our answering machine yesterday, reminding us of our 1-3 appointment today) saying that Ken was on vacation, and wouldn't be coming today.  So now we're rescheduled for early January. 

We got a Netflix in yesterday's mail that I think was a mistake; I don't remember ordering it.  We watched it anyway because it sounded good - but the acting was poor and the plot had holes in it.  I put it out in the mailbox this morning, along with other mail - but when the mail person dropped off today's mail, he/she didn't pick up the out-going mail.

Not exactly batting 1000 today - though on the plus side the house is nice and clean! 

No comments:

Post a Comment