Tuesday, December 4, 2018

I set my alarm for 4:15 so I could bring Tom coffee (he needs two cups and a full hour to wake up) and we were on our way to the airport at 5:15 as planned. Traffic was heavy - and at one point all traffic stopped on I-17, which of course was worrisome.  But we soon got going again, with no indication of what the problem had been.  There was NO line at the curbside baggage check in, and not much of one at security, so I was at my gate well before the plane started loading.  Got my preferred seat (on the aisle in the rear), and had an uneventful flight with minimal turbulence.  Since I’d remembered to bring my headphones I was able to listen to my book.  My luggage made the same trip I did, always a plus.  It was quite nippy waiting the few minutes outside for the shuttle bus to the car rental place, so I was really glad I had my sweater handy... though my ears wished for earmuffs!  Only real hassle was finding 95.  The car rental guy wasn’t much help, and you’d think there would be signs for a major highway... especially for out-of-towners renting cars.  But despite a detour (eventually I stopped at a gas station for directions) I did eventually arrive at Mink Hollow.  Pippa, of course, was thrilled to see me... just as exuberant as Latina, but of course considerably larger.

After a delicious salmon dinner we did candles and gifts. I love my snuggly warm alpaca socks! Andy liked his CD (pretty sure he would.... it was on his List) and Sandy finally gets to enjoy the garden-through-the-window quilt I got for her at last year’s auction.

No comments:

Post a Comment