Saturday, December 15, 2018

About 30 minutes before I needed to leave for the gym yesterday, I thought about moving my car out of the garage to somewhere "safe" - at which point the road paving truck appeared and laid down the new black goop.  So I had to text Jim and cancel, telling him how "crushed" (NOT!) I was.  



Even though the worker with whom I'd spoken a couple of hours earlier (he was scraping off the dirt/grass that had migrated onto the road surface) had said that despite the paperwork that was left at our door, I would be able to drive across it within 30-60 minutes of the resurfacing, my tires still left an impression when I pulled out to head to the chiropractor almost four hours later.  


By the time I got home, however, the cones had been removed, so anyone could drive on our side of the road - though it hurt to see a lot of heavy trucks going by... even one semi!  But maybe they "erased" the marks my car had left?  I'll see for sure later this morning when I head outside to sweep off the front porch and driveway.  



Also curious to see if any of the dip in our intersection got filled in.  Tom doubts it, and he's most likely right - though it would have been nice.  Some cars cruise through at such a rate of speed they actually get airborne!



Spoke with Aja yesterday, and it looks like Skittles will not be joining us after all.  The friend of her friend, who had originally said they would re-home the pooch for free, have apparently changed their minds, and now are asking for several hundred dollars.  


Since I was not actively looking for a dog, (and Tom was not on board with the plan) it's a no-go at this point. 



Got some laundry done yesterday, ordered some gifts, went to the bank, got my tune-up at the chiropractor, cleared some stuff off of the DVR (and caught up on the last two episodes of A Million Little Things.)  But of course for everything I crossed off of my list I seemed to add a couple more.



Need to call the furniture store (chair definitely NOT fixed!) and the Acura place (auto seat/mirror option not been working since I had the other repairs done right before my trip.)


Tom whipped up a batch of yummy chili for dinner, and then I "helped" him watch some of his taped football games while I relaxed and played some games of my own on the iPad before another early crash.   Still listening to These Truths as I drift off to sleep.  


Forgot to mention that as we were landing in Phoenix on Thursday, I was also listening to it, and had reached the segment on 9/11, with the planes crashing into the Twin Towers, the Pentagon, and the field in Pennsylvania.



Have requested a picture from Alex (which hasn't yet arrived) but this Utah pic that appeared on FB today is a good facsimile of what it looked like where Alex was snowboarding in Colorado.  Gorgeous to look at - but I sure am glad I'm here (where it's supposed to be 78 degrees by Thursday) and not there! 



No comments:

Post a Comment