Monday, December 3, 2018

Tyga and I had a nice walk around the neighborhood yesterday morning, though it was rather nippy even at 9:00 so I was quite bundled up.  We ended up walking solo (Shelley's mom is in the hospital - the fall was bad! - and Mimi & Ed had just returned from a quickie trip out-of-town) but of course there was a lot for him to sniff at, and dogs (behind their fences) to visit.  Nearing home I got to chat with Edie as she was heading out, and then Shelley stopped by us on her way back to the hospital after a quickie stop at home.

Surprised Jim when I showed up at Boot Camp yesterday (when I left on Friday he hadn't expected to see me until I return from Maryland), and surprised myself by being able to pedal on the spin cycle standing up for the whole minute.  That's progress - and of course I had to "brag" to Alex! 


My back, however, objected rather strenuously to some of the exercises on the floor mat, so in the interest of being able to travel on Tuesday I skipped over many of them.



Attached the sleeve and delivered the Nova Star quilt to Marcie yesterday; 
the one remaining quilt will just have to wait until my return.  



Of course <g> she's already started on her next illusion quilt (now that she has her thumb back there's no stopping her!)  But even if she finishes the top while I'm gone, it's unlikely she'll be able to get it quilted before my return, giving me a 'chance' to catch up! <g>  I even left there with my Chanukah and Tom's Christmas gifts - chocolate truffles!!!



Alex, who is blasting out this morning (he should have already been picked up, at 6:00) joined me for the first candle last night, bearing gifts.  I got a snuggly SOFT robe, a Mom mug (used it last night for Emergen-C, and this morning for my 'coffee'), a Mom notepad (already used so I can remember to tell Andy about a pop socket for his phone), and a grapefruit spoon (they do look ready, Marilyn, though haven't actually tried one yet!)



My (first) gift to Alex was the ghost pepper from the batch that Marcie's SIL had grown and sent her.  Will be interesting to see just how hot whatever he concocts with it turns out to be!




His main gift is the back patio cover - though there has been no progress yet on that because we are still waiting on Mitch for an estimate.



Last night Tom and I watched a couple of Netflix episodes of an art show (that we'd never heard of) where they try to distinguish between authentic and fake works of art.  One dealt with a possible Renoir gifted to Monet.  Of course the "detectives" went to Giverny, where I recognized places in the garden and house.  Fun! 



Did a couple of loads of laundry last night, in preparation for packing today.  Various things to do around the house to get ready to go, but (in theory, anyway) I should be able to get everything accomplished since I have no plans to be out and about.  

No comments:

Post a Comment