Sunday, December 30, 2018

Yesterday I actually did get started cutting out my fruit/veggie fabrics for the quilt I have planned for the bare kitchen wall - though I ran into a bit of a snag when some 'pre-cut' pieces turned out about an inch narrower than the ones I was cutting.  Will need some advice from friends about possible options I'm considering.

 Tom took notice of what I was doing, and (putting it mildly) was less than thrilled.  Seems he was planning to hang one of his Christmas gifts, an enlargement of one of his fire obsidian photos that Mike & Marcie had made, in that spot.  He asked if I was going to take up the entire wall (yes) and then 'complained" that would make the kitchen seem smaller. (?)   When he asked if I had a pattern (yes) he asked to see it - but I told him no.  He's never been very appreciative of my quilts, and I don't need/want to hear any more negativity from him about my plans.


Alex finally bought himself a shotgun yesterday (after much running around, and then finding crucial pieces missing) and is out assassinating innocent quail and dove today.  At least he's cooking them up for dinner. We didn't get to have any from his recent meal (he'd only bagged a few) though the pix on Instagram, and his description of ingredients, makes me hope we get to share in the next batch.



Tyga gets to spend the day with us again. Once it warms up maybe we'll take a walk.







No comments:

Post a Comment