Monday, December 31, 2018

Once Tom got up this morning I made up the latest batch of turkey soup.  Then I got Lily's gifts wrapped, packed, and mailed off to California today since her visit here never materialized..  Of course by the time I headed to the post office it was raining - and only in the low 40s.  Could be worse, of course; the high in Flagstaff today was predicted to only be around 20, so of course they've been getting snow. Snowbowl reports that they're "finishing out 2018 strong - with 7" of freshies since 11:00 a.m. and another 8"-15" in the forecast through tomorrow."



After a trip to the grocery store, where I found everything I needed for tonight's dinner, I was pretty chilled.  A bowl of yummy turkey soup was just what the doctor ordered!  Alex and Aja came over before heading out to run some of their errands, and also enjoyed some soup. 



Tyga is staying with us until "sometime" tomorrow (I'm sure Alex and Aja's celebration will continue well into the wee hours of the morning tomorrow, so I don't expect to see them until late afternoon!)


  Alex had carried Tyga over in the rain (so he wouldn't get his paws muddy) and thus he didn't have a chance to 'take care of business'.  Aja and I took him out back under the eve, but while he no doubt really needed to "go" he wanted NO part of the outdoors.  (Alex had better luck when he took Tyga out shortly after that.)  Poor pooch is in for a real shock when he moves to Madison, Wisconsin in a few days, where winter is a lot more serious!



Tom and I finished up the puzzle this afternoon (which turned out to be missing a piece) and have already started another one for this evening's entertainment.



The mammoth roast is taking considerably longer to cook than expected - but it looks/smells great, and should be worth the wait.  I did borrow some meat thermometers from Marcie, which registered the meat well above the "necessary" temperature.  But cutting into it after 3 hours showed it blood-red rare inside, so it went back in for another hour.  Also looking forward to the little potatoes that I doused with some of my new oil!




No nap today - but with plenty of chocolate on hand I expect to be able to stay awake until a decent hour and (possibly) usher in the new year.



No comments:

Post a Comment