Sunday, December 2, 2018

Quick trip to Target yesterday afternoon - and yes, it was a busy place.  Picked up various necessities, and also a retractable leash for Tyga.  (Even if he does actually move in January, can't hurt to have a leash 'in reserve' at Dodge Doggy Daycare!)  Tyga spent the night here (Alex had a party to go to) so maybe we'll try out the leash on a walk this morning.  

After a brief trip outside this morning (AND one in the middle of the night, when something out back got him wound up and barking furiously) he's currently all snuggled up in the purple blanket.


Yep - he really is in there.... :-)




Just before dinner last night I finished the new Barbara Kingsolver book, Unsheltered.  At the beginning it did take me a little time to get "into" it, but I'm quite glad I stuck with it.  She wove the two stories from different centuries (turns out one was based on facts) together rather creatively, and there was much I found quite applicable in these turbulent times.  



Watched the sole remaining taped Jeopardy last night, so now the DVR is totally empty!  I found the Final question easy (the category was The Old West) and so was surprised when none of them got it.

On Oct. 27, 1881 this town’s local newspaper reported 
on “a day when blood flowed as water”


The past couple of Netflix I've ordered have been Nat'l Geo documentaries.  
Last night we watched one about the 1906 San Francisco earthquake.  



Soon after it struck on April 18, 1906, the infamous San Francisco earthquake would prove to be one of the greatest natural disasters of all time, leveling a once-glorious cityscape and claiming thousands of lives. This fascinating National Geographic documentary chronicles the lead-up to the quake and the drive to survive and rebuild in its aftermath, as told from the perspectives of the people who lived through the terrifying temblor.

Turned out to be somewhat apropos in light of the current earthquake situation in Anchorage, which of course has a long winter ahead!  


I have been surprised to learn that Alaska experiences more earthquakes than all other states combined - though of course it does cover a lot of ground!



Today the big push is on to cross off as many things on my List as possible, so tomorrow I can concentrate on packing.  The "high" for the day I fly in is going to be a nippy 43, though at least no precipitation is scheduled.  By the weekend, on Saturday and Sunday the temps are not expected to get out of the 30s (BRRRR!)  And just to add to the "fun", on Sunday, the day of the party, it looks like we'll have a  combination of rain/snow.



NOT the weather I have been hoping for!  On the 'plus side' <g> I will get the chance to wear lots of my sweaters/sweatshirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment